We interviewed and photographed Portland creatives we admire to find out a little bit more about their work.
Pony Reinhardt: Lizard
Tattoo artist Pony Reinhardt brings to light an inner world filled with magic. Her ability to absorb and retain an almost impossibly broad spectrum of knowledge about the plant, animal and cosmic kingdoms shows up in large-scale tattoos filled with depth, personality, and uncanny specificity. Her work embodies the instinctual and perceptive spirit of the Lizard card, whose appearance speaks to the artist that resides in all of us.
- What is your medium? tattooing, taxidermy, skin + skin
- Three words that describe your work. paracosmic creature cataclysum // ghastly spectral floriography
- Three words that describe yourself. astral ruffian alchemist
- Where do you find inspiration? places that make me feel small
- What's your biggest struggle as an artist? how often the sun sleeps
- How do you rise up against that struggle? make friends with the moon
- Do you have a secret talent or super power? running on all fours
- What do you think your spirit animal is? sometimes a lamb, but usually a fox and on occasion a wild hyena