We interviewed and photographed Portland creatives we admire to find out a little bit more about their work.
Takahiro Yamamoto: Bear
A dance performer, sculptor and photographer born in Shizuoka, Japan, Taka uses his work to seek out the sociological and observational intricacies of human experience. His inquisitive cross-discipline expression brings to mind the Bear card, whose first awakening movements bring new potential for transformation.
- What is your medium? Performance, Photography, Sculpture
- Three words that describe your work. Sociological. Observational. Timing
- Three words that describe yourself. Interpersonal. Motivated. Observational.
- Where do you find inspiration? Mundane behavior. Pop culture. People I interact with.
- What's your biggest struggle as an artist? My insecurity.
- How do you rise up against that struggle? Discussing and interacting with colleagues.
- Do you have a secret talent or super power? My power is always transparent, and I strive to be that way.
- What do you think your animal spirit is? I was told Black Bear.